I am an attorney (J.D.), electrical engineer (M.S.E.E.), and mechanical engineer (B.S.M.E.) with over 20 years of experience in patent prosecution, litigation, and counseling.
During my legal career I have been fortunate to have been recognized as a "Rising Star" (by Super Lawyers®) and a "Top Patent Prosecutor" (by Patent Research Review™).
At FOGARTY IP, I help technology companies develop patent portfolios, negotiate license agreements, and defend against infringement actions.
I have written and prosecuted patent applications in various technology areas, including software, cloud computing, network monitoring and security, audio and video processing, analog and digital circuit design, microprocessors and microcontrollers, memories, semiconductor fabrication, electronic packaging, and
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- Doctor of Jurisprudence – 2006
- Honors: cum laude, Dean’s List, Homer B. Reynolds III Endowed Scholarship Recipient
- Law Review: Computer Law Review & Technology Journal, Articles Editor and Editorial Board Member
- University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Science – 2001
- Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Bachelor of Science – 1999
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Fogarty LLP - Partner (2011 - present)
- Meyertons, Hood, Kivlin, Kowert & Goetzel, P.C. - Associate (2010 - 2011)
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. - Associate (2007 - 2010)
- Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP, formerly known as Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. - Associate & Patent Agent 2011-2007
- Texas, 2006
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit