Michael J. Fogarty
I am a patent attorney with over 25 years of experience in prosecution, litigation, and counseling.
At FOGARTY IP, I manage clients' intellectual property portfolios, including preparing and prosecuting patent and trademark applications in the United States and in foreign patent offices. I have represented clients as both plaintiff and defendant in substantial patent litigation and arbitration matters. I also assist clients with other intellectual property matters, including due diligence, opinion work, licensing, and general IP counseling.
I have experience working with technologies such as wireless networks, telecommunications networks, computer systems and software, video, image and speech processing, optical transmission networks, radar systems, oil field equipment, financial transaction processing systems, integrated circuit architecture and packaging, and many others.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 00/1997
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
- B.S.E.E. - 1984
- Texas, 1997
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1998
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- Fogarty LLP – Founder (2009 - present)
- Slater & Matsil, L.L.P. – Partner (2007 - 2009)
- Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P. – Senior Counsel (1996 - 2007)
- U.S. Navy – Naval Flight Officer / F-14 RIO (1985 - 1994)
- Northrop Defense Systems Division – Engineer (1985)