Thomas W. Kelton
I am a skilled intellectual property practitioner with 20+ years of experience in post-grant proceedings, patent portfolio management, and patent prosecution matters. My practice includes advising executives and management in businesses, including Fortune 500s and startups, on IP strategy. My strengths include providing recommendations as to whether patent opportunities are in line with business objectives, managing infringement risk, and procuring patent protection for my clients.
I have worked with many technologies in patent prosecution, litigation, and post-grant proceedings, including: 4G & 5G, computer hardware, Artificial Intelligence (AI), financial technology, software, medical devices, and data storage.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 2003
- Texas A&M University, Texas
- B.S. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Electrical Engineering
- Texas, 2003
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- Fogarty LLP, Senior Counsel, 2023 - Present
- Haynes and Boone, LLP, Partner, Counsel, 2010 to 2023
- Fulbright & Jaworski, L.L.P., Senior Associate, 2003 to 2010